1. Christmas cookies burned.
2. Looked at trees today. It’s Dec. 7th, and the trees were totally picked over.
3. There’s no Christmas music tonight that isn’t annoying me. Really, “Feliz Navidad,” again?
4. Had to give up making an snowman ornament because I kept pricking myself with the pins to make it. And I had the wrong size pom-poms to make the ear-muffs anyway.
5. Went to put up some Christmas lights in the front window, and put some on the Nordic Island pine that is in the window as well, but of course on both strings that I brought out (which were working last year), half of the lights were off. If a 100 bulbs had to be busted, I wish it had been one entire string, and not 50 on both. But now I’ll have to try to figure out which lights are blown on both strings. It’s a real bitch to pull the lights in and out of their sockets too. I got through 20 lights on one strand and thumb and forefinger are crabbing at the effort. (Also, I’m afraid of breaking a nail.)
I know, I know, I know. First World Pains.